We offer “a real education”. We want every one of our pupils to have high levels of literacy and numeracy at all ages and stages and be ready for employment, further and higher education when they leave our secondary schools.
We are building pathways for children from primary age through to post 16 and beyond to higher education, apprenticeships, employment and adulthood. We work with families and communities to raise aspirations.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Alpha Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The City of Stoke-on-Trent is in the West Midlands and has a population, of 249,000, which is predominately white British but with a significant minority ethnic community. Ambitious plans are underway to transform and renew the City through major investment in health, housing, economic development, and education. The ‘Potteries’ as Stoke-on-Trent is affectionately called is renowned for its world class ceramics industry and industrial heritage. The Midlands power house is driving economic growth and renewed prosperity.
The City boasts a strong cultural tradition and is a contender for City of Culture 2020/2021 with its Premier League football team, ceramics heritage and Performing Arts tradition.
With a 10% increase in the number of children, education is of critical importance to the future prosperity of the City, and the BSF programme has established excellent facilities for our young people.
Aims & Vision
* To create a network of Good and Outstanding Academies that provides excellent academic tuition and vocational experiences
* To provide children and young people with a full range of pathways from early years to post 16
* To inspire all children and young people to aim high
* To close the gap in life chances between those who are disadvantaged and those who are not
* To involve employers in creating innovative learning experiences
* To make sure that young people have the skills for the modern workplace
* To provide extensive information advice and guidance for young people to become well rounded adults, that contribute to society as highly employable responsible citizens
In an Alpha Academy
* Children and young people develop strong literacy, numeracy and employability skills
* Children and young people enjoy innovative learning experiences, including sport and the arts which lead to high levels of success
* Children and young people’s progress is always tracked and monitored and no one falls behind
* Children and young people understand the pathways open to them. Through our Academies the gates to next steps and phases are opened
* Children and young people, parents and staff feel valued, safe, supported and have a voice
* Children and young people have the best staff and Academy leaders as their role models
* Children and young people enjoy inspirational learning environments which are safe, well maintained and constantly improved
* Children and young people enjoy the best catering and nutrition
* Staff have an entitlement to first class training, coaching and support
* Staff have opportunities to progress from the start of their career onwards
* Employer partners contribute to curriculum design
* Governance is strong, challenging and supportive
* Parents are partners in their children’s education